Degree Symbol: How to Put a Degree Icon on a Keyboard: Sometimes when working with a text document in MS Word, it is necessary to add a character that is not on the keyboard. Not all users of this great program are aware of the large number of special characters and characters it contains. We’ve already written about adding some characters to a text document, and in this article we’ll talk about how to put degrees Celsius in Word.
As you probably know, degrees Celsius show a small circle at the top of the line and a large Latin letter C. You can place a Latin letter in English by holding down the “Shift” key. But you need to take a few simple steps to make the necessary circle.
Tip: To change the language, use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl + Shift” or “Alt + Shift” (the key combination depends on your system settings).
1. Click where you want to put the “degree” symbol in the document (after the last number after the space, just before the letter “C” ).
2. Open the “Enter” tab where in the “Symbols” group press the “Symbol” button .
3. In the window that appears, find and click on the “degree” symbol.
Tip: If the list is displayed after clicking the “Symbol” button , there is no “Degree” character , select “Other symbols” and find it in the “Phonetic characters” set and press the “Paste” button .
4. A degree is added to the location you specified.
Despite the fact that this special character in Microsoft Word is a degree sign, it seems unpleasant to say the least, and it’s not as high for the line as we’d like. To fix this, follow these steps:
1. Highlight the added degree mark.
2. On the “Home” tab , in the “Font “ group , click the “Superscript” button ( X2 ).
Tip: You can also enable the writing mode “Superscript” by pressing ” Ctrl + Shift + + (plus)” at the same time.
3. The special character is raised, now your Celsius numbers will be correct.
Add a degree using the keys
Each special character in a Microsoft suite has its own code, knowing that you can take action much faster.
To enter a degree icon using the Word keys, follow these steps:
1. Place the cursor where the degree mark should appear.
2. Enter “1D52” without quotation marks (letter D – English capitalization ).
3. Press “Alt + X” without moving the cursor from that point .
4. Highlight the added Celsius sign and press the “Superscript” button in the “Font” group .
5. The special sign “degree” gets the right shape.
That’s all, now you know how to spell degrees Celsius correctly in Word, or rather add a special character to denote them. We wish you success in acquiring the many features and useful functions of the most popular text editor.
There is no typographic symbol for the dimensions of quantities measured in degrees on the computer keyboard, which raises a logical question among users: how to put it? Most people find a way out by copying the superscript around from another source and then pasting it into their document. However, there are several easy ways to create a degree symbol with your own hands.
Print a degree symbol
Each operating system provides certain key combinations (called keyboard shortcuts ) to perform an action quickly . For example, by pressing Ctrl + A at the same time in Windows, you can select the entire text document, you can use Ctrl + C to copy the selected snippet, and Ctrl + V to paste. ° The icon can also be entered using keyboard shortcuts. In Windows, this is done as follows:
- Open a document in Microsoft Word, Notebook, or any other program that allows you to enter text (even your browser’s address bar does).
- Turn on the numeric keypad on the right by pressing the NumLock key.
- Hold left Alt and enter 0176 or 248 on the numeric keypad. When you release the Alt key, a degree symbol appears above the cursor. If the code doesn’t work, try pressing Alt instead of Left.
In Microsoft Office programs (except Microsoft Excel), you can use another method:
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift + 2.
- Press Spacebar … When done correctly, a superscript circle will be added to the edited document.
In addition, Microsoft Word can work with hexadecimal Unicode tables by converting them to the corresponding characters. The degree icon corresponds to the code 00B0 – it should be written in the text where there should be a superscript circle, and then press Alt + X. Word removes the hexadecimal code from the text, replacing it with °.
To print the degree icon for Mac OS , use the Opt + Shift + 8 key combination. You can also use the following method:
- Open the menu and go to system settings. This action activates the symbol viewer.
- Enter the settings by clicking the button with the corresponding name. In the settings, select the “Show keyboard viewers, emoticons, and symbols” checkbox.
- In the upper right corner , a button titled “View” will appear. Click on it and select “Show emoticons and symbols”.
- Go to the “Punctuation” menu and double-click the degree icon. It is displayed at the cursor position.
If the degree sign is used quite often, it makes sense to add it to the list of favorite symbols. When you do this, an icon will appear at the top of the window among the quick access items.
Degree icon on mobile devices
Phones and tablets are ° easier to type than computers because they have a symbolic keyboard that displays icons.
The checked android degree symbol for widgets is written as follows:
- Open any application that allows you to use the on-screen keyboard.
- Click the character key on your keyboard (usually in the lower-left corner).
- Typically , the ° symbol is located on the second page of the symbol keyboard. The method for switching to this depends on the keyboard itself, but the toggle button is usually indicated by the “\ u003e” or “? 123” icons.
- Press the key with the superscript circle. To put a degree on the iPhone and iPad , you need to do the following.
- Open an application that allows you to use the keyboard.
- Go to the symbol keyboard by pressing the corresponding button.
- Hold 0 – A menu with a degree sign appears in front of you.
- Swipe and remove your finger from the screen. After that, a superscript circle is placed in the text.
Other ways to print a degree
In Windows, you can add a degree icon to an edited document using a symbol table. Hold down the Win + R combination on your keyboard and enter char map in the window that opens, then press Enter. A table of symbols opens in front of you. Find the degree mark in it, double-click it, and click “Copy.” Go back to the document you’re working on and paste the icon where you want it in the text, using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V.
You can also open the symbol table with the Start button. Click Start and type “Character Map” in the search bar. The program appears in the search results.
If you want to place the ° symbol in the text of your website, place the ° or ° symbols in the hypertext document – both the first and second form the required character.
Degrees Celsius using tape
It is important to point the cursor where the degree icon is needed. Then go to the “Add” tab, click the “Symbol” button and go to the “Other Symbols” section. A window will open with different variations of icons and letters.
How to write t with a combination of degree buttons?
Anyone can manipulate the keys like this, you just have to remember the character code. We enter the text and stop at the place where it is necessary to mark t with a degree sign. Next, find and hold the Alt key on your keyboard, and now the main thing is to remember the symbol code and enter it. Recall when someone forgot – 0176.
Note. You must enter the numbers on the additional numeric keypad shown in the screenshot below.
The image below shows how to find the “Celsius” symbol code to print a temperature sign easily and quickly in the future. First, place the cursor in the right place, enter the icon code, and hold down Alt + x (x for the English keyboard layout), and you’re done.
And when you first use the icon, it appears in a pop-up window for quick finding and entering.
Can a degree be written with a letter or a number?
The “Home” section of Word’s main layout has a superscript icon that you can use to insert a temperature sign above the text reference line. Let’s look at the picture and repeat. Place the cursor in the correct place, open the “Home” tab, scroll to “Superscript” and press (lights up yellow) and then type either the letter “o” or the number “0”. Who likes it more!
It is not uncommon for you to use a non-standard character or a character that is not on the keyboard when working with text documents. For example, the degree sign is used very often, but it is not on the keyboard. In this article, we’ll talk about how to place a degree mark on the keyboard, but also without it.
Method number 1. The key combination Alt + 248.
If you need to enter a degree using the keyboard, perhaps the fastest and easiest way is the Alt + 248 key combination. To use this key combination, place the cursor over the text where the degree sign should be. After that, hold down the Alt key on your keyboard and, without releasing the Alt key, enter the number 248 in the auxiliary key block (on the right side of the keyboard, under Num Lock).
As a result, a degree mark appears at the cursor position. This key combination works in any program.
Method number 2. The key combination Alt + 0176.
There is also a keyboard shortcut Alt + 0176. It works the same as the previous method. You must place the cursor where you want to place the degree mark, hold down the Alt key, and type 0176 on the additional keyboard without releasing it.
After that, a degree mark appears at the selected location. This key combination, like the previous one, works in every program.
How to Put a Degree Without a Keyboard |
If you do not remember the key combinations described above, entering a degree without using the keyboard may be more convenient. This can be done using the “Symbol Map” program, which is available in any version of Windows.
To do this, you must first open the “Symbol Table” program. For example, you can press Windows-R and execute the command “charmap.exe” in the window that appears.
So you can put a degree in any document and any program.
(:) comma (,) dash ( -, -, -, – ) ellipse (…, …,…) exclamation mark (!) dot (.) hyphen ( – ) hyphen minus (-) question mark (?) quote ( „“, «», “”, ”, ‹› ) semicolon (;) Separators space () () ()On Windows computers, you can enter a degree by pressing Alt and typing on the numeric keypad 0 1 7 6. On Linux computers, you can enter a degree by typing Compose oo or ⇧ Shift + Ctrl + U and typing 0 1 7 6 after u … On Mac computers, you can enter a degree by pressing alt + 0.
According to the rules of the typographic set, the degree mark is placed immediately after the numerical representation of the angle or temperature dimension without a space, but if the scale is indicated for temperature (Celsius, Fahrenheit, etc.), the degree mark is beaten with a non-breaking space degree mark. P:
The temperature in the first chamber of the chamber should be kept at +26 ° C and in the second 2 ° cooler.
At the time shown, the missile was above South America, at 7 ° 33 ′ S, incl. and 40 ° W. etc.
Unicode supports Kelvin characters (212A) and combined Celsius characters (2103) and Fahrenheit characters (2109) that are outside of Chinese fonts (full-width format) to ensure compatibility with Chinese CJK encodings where such characters occur. Is not being used.
It should be noted that the unit of temperature on the Kelvin scale is not called ” degree Kelvin “, but simply ” kelvin “.
An excerpt that characterizes the degree sign
They then describe to us the size of the souls of the marshals, especially Ney, the size of the soul, which is that at night he made his way through the forest across the Dnieper and ran to Orsha without flags and cannons and without nine-tenths of his army.
And finally, historians present to us the great departure of the great emperor from the heroic army as something great and glorious. Even this last act of flight, in human language, called the last degree of humility that every child learns to be ashamed of, and what is said in the language of historians is justified.
When such elastic threads of historical reasoning can no longer be stretched, when action is already clearly at odds with what all mankind calls good and even justice, historians have a welcome concept of size. Greatness seems to rule out the possibility of good and bad measurement. There is no harm in the big ones. There is no terror that can be blamed on the big ones.
– “C” is grand! “[It’s majestic!] – historians say, and then there is no good or bad, but there are ‘big’ and ‘not big’. Grand is good, not big is bad. Grand is by these characteristics a property, some special animals, whom they call heroes. ”And Napoleon, coming home with a warm coat not only by the dying comrades, but (in his opinion) by the people he brought here, feels que c”
“Du sublime (he sees something sublime) honor to ridicule il n ‘ya qu’ un pas,” he says. And the whole world has been repeating for fifty years: “Exalted! Great! Napoleon is grand! Du sublime honor ridicule il n “ya qu” un pas “. [Majestic … Only one step from majestic to ridiculous … Majestic! Excellent! Napoleon great! Only a step from majestic to ridiculous.]
And no one should ever remember that kindness and recognizing immeasurable greatness by bad dimensions is only recognizing one’s insignificance and immeasurable smallness. For
us, the standard of good and evil given by Christ is immeasurable, and there is no magnitude without simplicity, goodness, and truth.
Who among the Russian people, reading the descriptions of the last period of the 1812 campaign, did not experience strong resentment, dissatisfaction and uncertainty. Who did not ask themselves: how did they not take, did not destroy all the French, when all three armies surrounded them more than when the irritated, hungry and frozen French surrendered as squads, and when (as history says) the Russians aimed to stop, interrupt and capture everything the French.